Best Piano Lamps to buy
Playing the piano without enough light on can be a bit straining to the eyes especially when you are trying to read the notes and strike the right keys with your fingers. Since vision plays an optimal function when playing the piano, it is highly important to invest in the right piano lamp that can improve your visual field when using the musical instrument.
Piano lamps have different builds, bulb numbers, light power, adjustability, design and functionality that may overwhelm you especially if you are not a pro at choosing this kind of product item. With this review, you can determine the best ones in the market without all the confusion of buying one that can serve you for a long time.
Here are just some of the best piano lamps with highly-acclaimed functions and qualities that can help make your playing experience more comfortable, easy and productive.
5. Mighty Bright 54910 Encore LED Music Light
This ergonomically-designed Piano Lamp is built with 6 LED bulbs, and a single adjustable stem that can be flexed and bent according to preference. The powerful LED bulbs lasts more than 100,000 hours, making it one of the most long-ranging piano lamp product sold in the market.
Also included is a firm and sturdy clip along with a single brightness-controlled setting. Its high-functioning optical lens prevents the occurrence of flickers.
1. Light and portable
2. Comes with powerful 6 LED bulbs
3. Has long lasting LED light capacity
5. Offers brightness-control setting
7. Impressive bright light
1. Not powerful enough to be used as a standalone lamp
2. Consumes battery fast
3. Power cord needs to be properly kept in a safe place to prevent damage
4. Lumiens L2 Clip-on Music Stand Light
Cool and unique are the best descriptions to match the Lumiens L2 Clip-on Lamp. This item comes with 2 separate arms with 2 LED bulbs each. It offers 4 different kinds of light brightness with high optical grade lens to prevent flickers.
The L2 music stand light is adjustable and batteries are replaceable with up to 20 hours of continuous usage. To protect the surface from scratches, the clips are padded with silicone material to prevent scratches. Overall, the item can be used not just for piano purposes, but also for lighting up dark surfaces.
3. Comes with a cool and unique design
4. Offers 4 choices of light brightness
5. Built with silicone pads to prevent scratches
7. Lasts up to 20 hours of continuous use
1. Clamp might be small for thick surfaces
2. Lamp power is a bit low compared to other items
3. Can’t be used as a standalone lamp
3. Cocoweb Adjustable 22″ LED Clip-on Piano Lamp
Beauty and sophistication best describes this piano lamp from Cocoweb. Made with an adjustable 2-line stem that connects to a horizontal light source, this piano lamp makes a great decoration due to its design. It comes with 5 different metallic tones with a 22-inch LED light source.
The item is built to produce minimal heat and eyestrain. It is also energy efficient along with a fully adjustable stem and bulb for maximum vision when playing the piano.
1. Has an adjustable light frame
2. Features a long 22-inch LED bulb
4. Comes with an attractive classy design
5. Holds enough light for more than 50,000 hours
6. Built to reduce eye strain
7. Comes with 5 color choices
1. A bit pricey
2. Has a limited height adjustment
3. Can’t be used as a standalone lamp
2. Lumiens L9 Clip-on Music Light Stand
Built with power-packed features, thisL9 Clip-on Music Light Stand from Lumiens offers 9 LED bulbs with top of the line optical lens that prevent the occurrence of flickers. Its flexible arm is fully adjustable and its clip has a built-in silicone pad that prevents the occurrence of scratches when attached to a surface.
This portable piano lamp is rechargeable and offers an impressive lifetime warranty to all its users. Another impressive thing about this product is its ability to last up to 20 hours with continuous use. To add up to all the notable qualities of this lamp is a lifetime warranty offered by the manufacturer.
2. Portable clip-on design
3. Features 9 bright LED bulbs
5. Comes with a silicone pad to prevent scratches
6. Features a lifetime warranty
8. 20 hours of light usage
1. Can’t be used as a stand
2. Light is not bright enough
1. Kootek Portable Clip Piano Music Light Stand
This bestselling Piano Music Light Stand from Kootek is a favorite among its impressed users. With impressive specs such as 9 bright LED bulbs and a single button which controls the brightness of the lamp as well as turn it on and off, it is a functional item that delivers a handy source of light in every occasion and not just for piano purposes.
It is an adjustable clip-on piano lamp item with an AC, rechargeable battery and a USB to deliver its power supply. It can stand on its own or can be clipped on a surface for better anchorage. This lamp can also be used on desks, stands, and other dark surfaces.
1. Light and portable
2. Comes with a built-in pad that prevents scratches on the surface
4. Built with 9 bright LED lamps
5. Clip-on design
6. Comes with 3 power supply sources
1. Battery is irreplaceable
2. Light can’t be turned on during charging
Conclusion and Recommendation:
Choosing the best piano lamp requires careful considerations of its features such as the item’s brightness and number of bulbs, design, adjustability, built, power source and multi-purpose functionality. After all, you would need an item that is capable of lasting for a long time and not just a one-time purchase that could get broken after a few uses.
Various lamps for pianos mentioned above are just among the bestsellers in the lamp category. They are not only made for piano use, but also for situations when a light source is needed for proper visualization.
Make sure to check and browse through the list to find the one that suits your needs best according to your standards and budget.